8 April, 2020
Recipe: Perfect Ramadan Pide (Turkish Bread)
Posted in : Sourdough bread on by : addsitelagi
Ramadan Pide (Turkish Bread).
You can have Ramadan Pide (Turkish Bread) using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Ramadan Pide (Turkish Bread)
- It’s of To make the liquid yeast starter:.
- It’s 1 tsp of Instant dry yeast.
- It’s 1 tsp of Sugar.
- You need 30 ml of Milk.
- It’s of To make the dough:.
- You need 280 grams of All-purpose flour or bread flour.
- It’s 3 grams of Salt.
- You need 180 ml of Milk.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of Olive oil.
- It’s of For the topping:.
- It’s 1 of Egg yolk.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Milk.
- You need 1 dash of Black cumin (nigella seeds) (optional).
- It’s 1 pinch of Sesame seeds.
Ramadan Pide (Turkish Bread) step by step
- Combine the ingredients for the liquid yeast in a small bowl and let it sit for about 15 minutes (the milk should be warmed to body temperature)..
- In a large bowl, combine the all-purpose flour and salt, and mix it with a whisk or similar utensil..
- Heat 180 ml milk to body temperature. Combine the dry ingredients and the liquid yeast starter in a bowl, add the milk, then knead to bring it together into a ball..
- Once it is evenly combined. add the olive oil and knead for about 10-15 minutes. The dough will be relatively soft..
- Let the dough rise for about an hour..
- When the dough doubles in size, use your fist to punch it down..
- Place the dough in a ball on a baking tray lined with parchment paper, cover with a damp towel or paper towel and let it rest for 15 minutes..
- Flatten the dough in the palm of your hand into a circle, then evenly press down on the dough with your fingertips..
- Let it rise again for about 40 minutes..
- Once again, evenly press down on the dough with your fingertips, evenly brush the surface with the egg yolk and milk wash, then sprinkle the black sesame seeds on top..
- Place a heat-resistant dish filled with water on the bottom rack of the oven, then bake for about 10 minutes at 220℃. Adjust the baking time to suit your desired finish..
- Black cumin seeds are called "nigella seeds.".