24 June, 2020
Recipe: Appetizing Toasted Garlic Rye Croutons
Posted in : Sourdough bread on by : addsitelagi
Toasted Garlic Rye Croutons.
You can have Toasted Garlic Rye Croutons using 3 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Toasted Garlic Rye Croutons
- It’s 2 1/2 tbsp of jarred minced garlic.
- It’s 8 cup of plain rye bread cubes (preferrably stale).
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
Toasted Garlic Rye Croutons instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper or foil..
- In a very large skillet place oil and garlic. Heat until hot..
- Toss in bread cubes, toss around to coat..
- Saute cubes about 3-5 minutes tossing frequently until lightly browned..
- Place cubes in a single layer onto prepared baking sheet..
- Bake 25-30 minutes tossing cubes every 5 minutes or so until cubes are to desired crispness. ( my bread wasn't stale so mine took longer.) Time may vary depending on size of your bread cubes..
- Let cool completely and serve or store in an airtight container..
- Makes about 4 cups dried cubes..