11 November, 2020
How to Make Perfect Fragrant Soy Milk & Rye Flour Scones
Posted in : Sourdough bread on by : addsitelagi
Fragrant Soy Milk & Rye Flour Scones.
You can cook Fragrant Soy Milk & Rye Flour Scones using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fragrant Soy Milk & Rye Flour Scones
- Prepare 100 grams of Cake flour.
- You need 50 grams of Rye flour.
- You need 100 grams of Strong bread flour.
- You need 20 grams of Sugar.
- It’s 2 1/2 tsp of Baking powder.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Salt.
- Prepare 70 ml of Soy milk.
- You need 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 80 grams of Margarine.
- It’s 1 dash of Milk (for glazing).
Fragrant Soy Milk & Rye Flour Scones instructions
- Sift together the cake flour, rye flour, strong bread flour and baking powder. Add the sugar and salt into the flour bowl and mix with chopsticks..
- Add some margarine into the bowl as well and mix with the chopsticks until crumbly..
- Break the egg into a separate bowl and beat it. Make a well in the middle of the powder ingredients from Step 2 and pour in the soy milk and egg. Mix everything together until a dough is formed..
- Wrap the dough in cling film and leave to rest in the refrigerator for 30 minutes..
- The dough will be quite sticky, so turn it out onto a well dusted chopping board. Then fold it in half and roll it out 5 times..
- Roll the dough out until 1 cm thick, then cut into 4 cm squares. You could also cut the dough out with cookie cutters into any shape you like..
- Brush some milk over the surface of the scones so that they brown a little. Bake on a baking sheet in the oven for 10 minutes..
- While keeping an eye on the color of the scones, cover them in aluminium foil and bake for a further 5 minutes. Adjust the cooking time accordingly for each scone depending on the color and level of rising..