22 December, 2020
Recipe: Appetizing French Bread with Homemade Bread Starter
Posted in : Sourdough bread on by : addsitelagi
French Bread with Homemade Bread Starter.
You can have French Bread with Homemade Bread Starter using 5 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of French Bread with Homemade Bread Starter
- You need 200 grams of Bread (strong) flour.
- You need 80 grams of Bread starter yeast mixture (natural leaven).
- You need 110 ml of Water.
- It’s 2 grams of Salt.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Yogurt or honey.
French Bread with Homemade Bread Starter step by step
- Add all of the ingredients to the bread maker and leave to knead (stop after 10 minutes). When kneaded, leave to rest for a further 10 minutes inside the bread maker pan..
- Cover the pot in cling film to prevent the dough drying out. Leave to prove until it has doubled or tripled in size. If it's summer leave for 4-5 hours and if it's winter remember to leave it in a warm place..
- Actually you can leave the dough in the bread maker pan (like Step 2) or leave it to rise in an airtight container..
- Punch out the excess gas and roll flat. Gently roll the dough up away from you. If you have a big oven please do this on an oven plate..
- When rolled, pinch the seam closed and place the bread seam-down. If it's summertime, please leave to prove in the oven inside a 45l plastic bag full of air. (Prove for 1 hour if it's summertime)..
- When the dough has doubled or tripled in size, score it a few times and bake for 15-20 minutes in an oven preheated to 200°C. Please don't spray the bread with water..
- The soft french bread is ready..
- Cut the bread and eat as-is or use for sandwiches..
- This is what your bread should look like at the second proofing. We put it in a plastic bag filled with air to stop any sticking. The end of the bag should be firmly secured with rubber bands..