7 May, 2020
Recipe: Tasty Sourdough Pita Bread
Posted in : Sourdough bread on by : addsitelagi
Sourdough Pita Bread.
You can have Sourdough Pita Bread using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Sourdough Pita Bread
- You need of sourdough starter.
- You need of kamut flour (or spelt flour, whole wheat).
- It’s of Rye flour (or rice, mashed potatoe).
- It’s of white flour.
- It’s of your favorite super seed(flax, chia, quinoa,sesame).
- You need of sea salt.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- It’s of room temperature water (after boiling).
Sourdough Pita Bread instructions
- Mix all dry ingredients first then add liquid. Slowly adding water to your mixing bowl while incorporate all ingredients together by hand. Knead your dough into a big smooth ball..
- Separate the dough into 4 equal parts and roll them into 4 smaller balls. Press down and roll the dough into 4 oval shape at about 1/4 inch thickness. Gently transfer the dough into 2 gallon size ziplock bags and allow them to rise at 90F oven(lamp only) for 6 hours or overnight on your countertop at room temperature about 65F..
- The next morning, heat your oven to 400 F degree. Transfer your dough onto a large metal non-sticking baking sheet. Bake 10 minutes on one side then 2 minutes on the other. You will see the bread puff up to form a large pocket. If no pocket forms, it still taste delicious..