12 February, 2021
Recipe: Yummy Bread with sourdough starter
Posted in : Sourdough bread on by : addsitelagi
Bread with sourdough starter.
You can have Bread with sourdough starter using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Bread with sourdough starter
- It’s 1 of part warm water.
- Prepare 3 of parts flour (more or less).
- You need of salt (1 tsp per 500 g flour).
- Prepare of honey (1 tsp per 500 g flour).
- It’s of sourdough starter.
- Prepare of whatever you like for flavor (e.g. anise, cloves, grated cheese, olives, etc.) optionally.
Bread with sourdough starter step by step
- Using a large bowl, dissolve the sourdough starter in the warm water (it shouldn't be very hot)..
- Add most of the flour, the salt and whatever spice you have chosen (if you like). Knead well and add as much flour as is necessary to make a dough that doesn't stick to your hands. Take care to not add too much flour because the bread will be very firm..
- Knead for an additional 10'-15' minutes..
- Set aside a piece of the dough to use as a starter for the next time you make bread. Cover the bowl with a clean towel and leave in a warm place (during winter, next to the fireplace or a slightly preheated oven, but make sure that it is not on) for 8-12 hours until it doubles in size..
- Shape your dough into loaves and place in respective trays which you have brushed lightly with oil. Score the top with a knife and brush with a little water (at this point you can sprinkle with sesame seeds and press them a bit with your hand). Set them aside to rise once more..
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C, for about 40' (depending on the oven and the size of the bread)..