16 October, 2020
How to Make Perfect ESB Ale & Honey Sourdough
Posted in : Sourdough bread on by : addsitelagi
ESB Ale & Honey Sourdough.
You can have ESB Ale & Honey Sourdough using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of ESB Ale & Honey Sourdough
- You need of Sourdough stater (bubbly & well fed).
- Prepare of Your choice of Ale.
- Prepare of Honey.
- You need of White bread flour.
- Prepare of Spelt or rye flour (or use more White).
- Prepare of Sea Salt.
ESB Ale & Honey Sourdough instructions
- Combine the ingredients in a bowl of a stand mixer. Attach the dough hook, knead on low speed until the dough is evenly moistened; it should be wet and sticky. Cover the bowl tightly with a lid or plastic wrap and let rest 20 minutes..
- After 20 minutes, Knead the dough on medium for 15 minutes, adding a tablespoon more bread flour within the first 5 minutes until the dough comes away from the sides of the bowl. After 10 minutes, the dough should be smoother, but still sticky..
- Place into a slightly oiled bowl, cover and allow to rise for 4 hours.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface and shape. Flip and add to a floured Banneton. Pinch the seam shut if needed and add a touch more flour. Cover with a plastic bag and let rise for 2 more hours..
- Pre heat the oven to 240' when you have 30 mins left of second rise. When the bread is done turn out into a casserole dish with baking paper on the bottom. Score as you please for a better rise..
- Bake for 35 mins with lid on, 10 mins with lid off the turn oven off, crack door open and leave in oven to finish crust..