16 May, 2020
Recipe: Delicious Kentucky Hot Brown
Kentucky Hot Brown. A Hot Brown sandwich (sometimes known as a Louisville Hot Brown or Kentucky Hot Brown) is an American hot sandwich originally created at the Brown Hotel in Louisville, Kentucky, by Fred K. How the Gooey, Cheesy Hot Brown Became a Kentucky Icon. As we gear up for the Kentucky Derby this week, we will be sharing authentic snacks and tipples to celebrate the day in proper Derby style.
This is also great for Thanksgiving leftovers! You can find here the Throw Down with Bobby Flay at the Brown Hotel. The Kentucky Hot Brown is a dressed up open-faced turkey sandwich that is eaten with a knife and fork. You can cook Kentucky Hot Brown using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Kentucky Hot Brown
- It’s of deli ham sliced thin.
- You need of deli turkey sliced thin.
- Prepare of tomato.
- Prepare of bacon cooked to almost crisp or to almost desired doneness.
- Prepare of large slices bread, I use sourdough.
- Prepare of Recipe cheese sauce, recipe follows.
- It’s of potato chips, I use kettle chips because they hold up to the sauce.
It is rich and decadent, made from easily obtained and inexpensive ingredients and is very filling. Kentucky Hot Browns. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Kentucky Hot Brown. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Remove and place on a baking sheet.
Kentucky Hot Brown instructions
- Cook bacon to just shy of crisp or desired doneness..
- For cheese sauce, cook 3 tablespoons AP flour and 3 tablespoons butter in a saucepan for a minute or 2. Whisk in 3 cups of milk and 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper and a dash of nutmeg. I use white pepper because I don't like the looks of black pepper in cheese sauce. Cook on medium high til it boils and thickens. Remove from heat and stir in 8 ounces grated sharp cheddar cheese til smooth..
- Assemble open faced sandwiches. On a sheet pan place 4 large slices of bread, I use sourdough. On that pile turkey and ham and top with 2 slices of tomato on each. Drizzle some cheese sauce over each sandwich and top each with 2 pieces of bacon..
- Preheat oven to 450°F or use broiler. Place sandwiches in oven til hot and bubbly. Place each on a plate and surround with chips. Drizzle more cheese sauce over everything and enjoy..
Kentucky Hot Browns are pure comfort food – an open-faced turkey sandwich topped with sliced The Hot Brown sandwich has a long history, that begins at the historic Brown Hotel in Louisville. In need of a little comfort? Kentucky Hot Brown: The most delicious, hot- open-faced sandwich around! Piled high with turkey and bacon! The fact that it's lightened up in this recipe makes it even more appealing.