6 August, 2020
How to Prepare Yummy Easy Cioppino
Posted in : Sourdough bread on by : addsitelagi
You can cook Easy Cioppino using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Cioppino
- Prepare 1 of steamed dungeness crab, cleaned and cracked.
- It’s 24 of small mussels, scrubbed and debearded.
- You need 24 of small clams, scrubbed.
- It’s 40 of medium shrimp in the shell, deveined.
- It’s 1 of bag scallops, defrosted.
- It’s 1/2 lb of calamari, cut into 1" bands.
- You need 1/2 lb of whole filet of halibut or other firm-flesh fish.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 1 of small onion, halved and cut in thirds.
- It’s 2 of garlic cloves, crushed.
- Prepare 1 of small red bell pepper, cut in 2-inch strips.
- Prepare 1/2 of a fennel bulb, cut in thirds.
- It’s 2 tsp of red pepper flakes.
- It’s 2 of bay leaves.
- You need 28 oz of San Marzano tomatoes, crushed well by hand or pureed.
- It’s 2 of big sprigs of basil.
- It’s 2 of sprigs Italian flat parsley,.
- You need 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- Prepare of freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare of sea salt.
- Prepare 1 of baguette loaf sourdough bread.
Easy Cioppino instructions
- Heat olive oil and garlic in a large pot over medium-high heat for about 1 minute..
- Add the onions, fennel, red bell pepper, bay leaf and red pepper flakes. Add sea salt and black pepper to taste. Saute over medium-high heat until the onions are translucent, about 2 minutes..
- Stir in tomatoes and add the basil, parsley and oregano. Continue cooking over medium high heat, stirring occasionally until the sauce is reduced by a third..
- While the sauce thickens, cut the sourdough baguette into half-inch slices and toast or grill on both sides until crisp. Coat lightly with garlic and olive oil. Set aside in a serving bowl..
- Add clams and mussels to the pot and cook for 2 minutes..
- Add the fish fillet, scallops, shrimp, calamari and prawns. Cover the pot and simmer rapidly for about 5 minutes..
- Add the steamed crab and stir well. Cook until the mussels and clams open, about 4 more minutes..
- Transfer cioppino into a large bowl and serve immediately with the grilled sourdough bread…