27 August, 2020
Recipe: Perfect Easy Cioppino
Posted in : Sourdough bread on by : addsitelagi
You can have Easy Cioppino using 21 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Easy Cioppino
- Prepare of steamed dungeness crab, cleaned and cracked.
- Prepare of small mussels, scrubbed and debearded.
- Prepare of small clams, scrubbed.
- You need of medium shrimp in the shell, deveined.
- Prepare of bag scallops, defrosted.
- Prepare of calamari, cut into 1" bands.
- It’s of whole filet of halibut or other firm-flesh fish.
- Prepare of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s of small onion, halved and cut in thirds.
- You need of garlic cloves, crushed.
- You need of small red bell pepper, cut in 2-inch strips.
- You need of a fennel bulb, cut in thirds.
- Prepare of red pepper flakes.
- You need of bay leaves.
- Prepare of San Marzano tomatoes, crushed well by hand or pureed.
- It’s of big sprigs of basil.
- You need of sprigs Italian flat parsley,.
- You need of dried oregano.
- You need of freshly ground black pepper.
- You need of sea salt.
- Prepare of baguette loaf sourdough bread.
Easy Cioppino step by step
- Heat olive oil and garlic in a large pot over medium-high heat for about 1 minute..
- Add the onions, fennel, red bell pepper, bay leaf and red pepper flakes. Add sea salt and black pepper to taste. Saute over medium-high heat until the onions are translucent, about 2 minutes..
- Stir in tomatoes and add the basil, parsley and oregano. Continue cooking over medium high heat, stirring occasionally until the sauce is reduced by a third..
- While the sauce thickens, cut the sourdough baguette into half-inch slices and toast or grill on both sides until crisp. Coat lightly with garlic and olive oil. Set aside in a serving bowl..
- Add clams and mussels to the pot and cook for 2 minutes..
- Add the fish fillet, scallops, shrimp, calamari and prawns. Cover the pot and simmer rapidly for about 5 minutes..
- Add the steamed crab and stir well. Cook until the mussels and clams open, about 4 more minutes..
- Transfer cioppino into a large bowl and serve immediately with the grilled sourdough bread…